INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Department of Transportation is warning motorists it will close parts of Interstate 65 and I-70 on the south side of Indianapolis beginning this week to complete work delayed by recent rains.
It says all southbound lanes of I-65 will be closed from the downtown South Split to I-465 starting Friday at 9 p.m. It says the closure will last for nine days and all lanes are scheduled to reopen on Monday, July 22, by 6 a.m.
INDOT says it will then close all eastbound and westbound lanes of I-70 from the South Split to I-465 on the west side starting at 9 p.m. on July 26. That closure also will last for nine days and all lanes are due to reopen on Monday, Aug. 5, by 6 a.m.
- Full closures planned for I-65, I-70 in Indianapolis
- Closure of I-65 section in Indianapolis planned for repaving
- Road Closure: I-65 southbound lane
- Overnight lane closures will impact I-65 drivers
- 20-minute closures on I-65 due early Wednesday
- Another lane closure for I-65 northbound
- Commuters plan ahead for I-65 bridge reconstruction
- Update: all lanes open after crash on I-65 forces closure
- Ramp closures begin Wednesday on I-65 in Boone County
- Northbound I-65 back open