CHALMERS, Ind. (WLFI) — Frontier softball star KC Clapper signed her national letter of intent to play softball at Purdue. Clapper was joined by family, friends and classmates at her signing.
In three varsity seasons on the softball field, the senior has compiled a career .462 batting average, 24 home runs and 129 RBI's, garnering the attention of Boilermaker's head coach Boo De Oliviera. Clapper is excited to for the opportunity to compete on the Big Ten level.
"Just getting in and competing, I mean, that's the highest level you can get is in the Big Ten, and a power five conference. I mean I couldn't ask for much more, I mean competing against everyone, and my travel teammates, a bunch of them are going to the Big Ten too, so it's going to be fun competing against them," said Clapper.
- Frontier's KC Clapper inks letter of intent to Purdue
- Ross, Stout sign national letters of intent
- Valpo's Brandon Newman signs letter of intent to play for Purdue
- Four athletes sign letters of intent at WL
- A pair of McCutcheon athletes sign letters of intent
- Lafayette Jeff's Jenkins, Washington ink NLIs
- HIGHLIGHTS: West Lafayette 74, Frontier 23 (GBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Twin Lakes 51, Frontier 38 (BBB)
- Frontier wins 3rd consecutive regional softball title
- President Mitch Daniels releases open letter to Purdue