LEBANON, Ind. (AP) — The funeral for a slain central Indiana sheriff's deputy is set for Friday in his hometown.
The Boone County Sheriff's Department says services for 34-year-old Deputy Jacob Pickett will begin with visitation 2-7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home of Crown Hill Cemetery in Indianapolis. Pickett's funeral will begin at 11 a.m. Friday at Connection Pointe Christian Church in Brownsburg.
The Boone County prosecutor has scheduled a Tuesday afternoon news conference to announce formal charges in Friday's fatal shooting of Pickett during a foot chase in Lebanon.
Twenty-one-year-old Anthony Baumgardt has been jailed on preliminary murder and other charges in Pickett's death.
- Friday funeral set for slain Indiana sheriff's deputy
- Indiana officers honor slain deputy shot during chase
- Indiana governor orders flags lowered to honor slain deputy
- Hundreds of officers expected for Indiana deputy's funeral
- Funeral set for Indiana police officer killed in shootout
- Indiana family sues funeral home, alleging botched funeral
- Ex-Indiana sheriff's deputy re-sentenced to 33-month term
- Sheriff: Indiana deputy shot during chase has died
- Funeral arrangements set for fallen Terre Haute police officer
- Funeral arrangements set for former U.S. Senator Richard Lugar