FRENCH LICK, Ind. (AP) — Southern Indiana's French Lick Resort is planning a $17 million expansion that will add dozens of guestrooms and a sports bar to the tourist destination.
French Lick officials said Monday that construction has already begun on the six-story addition near the French Lick Casino and Event Center.
When complete next fall, the additional 56 guestrooms will bring the resort's overall capacity to 742 rooms, including French Lick's two historic hotels.
The new rooms and the sports bar will add about 54,000 additional square feet to the resort about 40 miles south of Bloomington and create 100 new jobs.
Resort director of sales Adina Cloud says the new rooms and bar "will be great additions to an area of the resort that has seen some incredible growth in recent years."
- French Lick Resort planning $17M expansion, sports bar
- Medical device supplier plans Fort Wayne expansion
- Expansion planned for Frito-Lay in Frankfort
- Bear bites employee at Pennsylvania resort
- Indianapolis suburb cancels planned $40M sports complex
- Interstate 65 expansion project update
- Another person was caught on camera licking ice cream in a store, police say
- Man dies after being licked by his dog and contracting rare infection
- Gunman arrested after police shootout at Trump resort