Areas of dense fog have developed over the viewing area this Tuesday morning. The visibility will drop at times through the first half of the day. And since temperatures are below freezing, the moisture from the fog will likely freeze on surfaces and it may create back ice. You will want to yourself more extra time to head to work or school.
The National Weather Service has issued a Dense Fog Advisory for Benton, Newton and Jasper counties until 1 p.m. EST. Not all counties within in the viewing area are under the advisory, however, thick fog will be possible until the afternoon. Skies will stay mainly cloudy this afternoon and evening. Highs will reach the mid-30s.
Our next system is going to arrive overnight and it will bring rain showers to Greater Lafayette. There is going to be a brief period where we could see a rain-snow-sleet mixture before air temperatures begin to rise again. Southwesterly winds overnight will help temperatures continue to climb after midnight EST. Forecast models has the wintry mix transitioning to all rainfall before the morning commute.
Scattered rain showers will linger into Wednesday as highs soar into the 50s late in the evening! The warmest day of the week is Thursday with a high of 57°. However, the warm weather will not last long! A strong cold front is going to travel over Indiana on Thursday evening and temperatures are going to fall behind the system. A wintry mix will be possible on Friday with the precipitation transitioning to snow Friday night into Saturday. This system may bring another chance for accumulating snow. A system Weather Team 18 will closely watch for the remainder of the work week.
- Tracking freezing fog Tuesday morning
- Tracking Dense Fog + Midday Showers
- Freezing Fog and Our Potential Winter Storm
- Areas of Dense Freezing Fog & Frosty Tonight
- Dense Freezing Fog, Frost, Black Ice &..............."Diamond Dust"
- Freezing rain causing dangerous morning driving conditions
- February 1, 10:30 PM Weather Forecast Update: Dense Freezing Fog & Regular Fog The Big Issue For Next 40 Hours
- Some Fog & Additional Rainfall
- Dense Fog Advisory issued for NE counties
- Patchy Fog, Then Decreasing Clouds Today