LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Wabash Disc Golf Club members were freezing for a reason Saturday. The club partnered with Food Finders Food Bank to host its annual fundraising tournament at Murdock Park
It was part of a national series called "Ice Bowl." An event designed to raise money and collect canned goods for local food banks.
Tournament Director, Steve Preischel said "Ice Bowls" are happening all over the state and he feels lucky to be hosting one in Lafayette.
"The Ice Bowl program, in general, is great, they raise something like 6 million pounds of food last year like some ridiculous number and really I need to thank the parks department for letting us do this kind of thing it's really great to have a course here in town," Steve Preischel.
The Club's goal in 2018 is to raise $1,000 in cash donations and 500 lbs of food for Food Finders.
- Freezin' for a reason at "Ice Bowl"
- Hundreds of people are freezin' for reason at Purdue
- Sagamore Parkway gives city a reason to celebrate
- Study: Kids' suicides spiked after Netflix's '13 Reasons'
- Judge questions reasons for Indiana abortion procedure ban
- UPS driver lists 'bear in driveway' as reason for no dropoff
- Local Weather History: Reasons the April 3, 1974 Monticello Tornado Had Such a Long Track
- Delphi Homicide task force clarifies their reason for issuing a new sketch in murder case
- Student resource officers going to school in style for a good reason
- Could weather be a reason why you can't seem to get over that nasty cold? Health experts say absolutely.