LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Franciscan Health continued its efforts to educate the public on safety issues.
Safe Kids Day provides booths for parents and children to learn about different areas of safety. This year booths included tips on safe sleep, laundry pods, and other home safety and medication methods.
Children also had the opportunity to learn how Emergency Responders use their equipment. Britneay Hatke works with St. Elizabeth East in Lafayette. She said events like these keep the public informed on new trends.
"Research has changed and we are educating parents differently than we were 10 years ago so with the new and upcoming things like the Tide Pods like the car seat safety, it's always changing," said Hatke. "So we just want to make sure that parents are up to date on the information."
Franciscan Health Lafayette East will host a healthy families fun fair and 5k on June 2, to further promote family safety.
- Franciscan Health hosts Safe Kids Day
- HIGHLIGHTS/BRACKETS: Franciscan Health Hoops Classic
- Franciscan Health Lafayette East's campus expanding
- Franciscan Health holds discussion about suicide prevention
- Franciscan Health Lafayette unveils new rehabilitation gym
- Franciscan Health Lafayette opens new West Tower
- New security measures for Franciscan Health East
- New Psychiatric Unit at Franciscan Health
- Franciscan nurse donates kidney
- Race For Kids 5K raises money for Franciscan Health pediatric departments