FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — One person is in the hospital after being stabbed in the face during a domestic disturbance earlier Tuesday morning.
According to Frankfort police, around 8:30 Tuesday morning police were called to 50 Williams street for a domestic disturbance. When police arrived, they found one of the three people in the home had been stabbed in the face.
Frankfort police said the suspect, 22-year-old Javier Matias of Frankfort, barricaded himself inside the residence and refused to come out. Information provided to the officers indicated a gun was also in the residence.
After an hour with limited communication, Matias surrendered peacefully and was taken into custody and is currently at the Clinton County jail.
Matias was arrested for Battery with a Deadly Weapon, Intimidation, Confinement, and Interfering with Reporting a Crime. He is awaiting formal charges
- Frankfort police investigating standoff and face stabbing
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Lafayette Police investigating a stabbing
- Police investigating car crash in Frankfort
- Frankfort police investigate shooting Tuesday evening
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings
- Police: Teen shot in Frankfort
- New Investigation Drug Unit Starts in Frankfort
- Frankfort police looking into new phone scam
- K9 Otto retires from Frankfort Police Department