FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A retiree from Frankfort is now a little bit richer after he scratched off a $1 million prize.
Terry Sholly stopped by the "Good to Go" on North Jackson Street in Frankfort to check the previous night's lotto numbers.
He bought two $10 scratch-offs while he was there. Terry went to his car and scratched the tickets and began revealing the prize under his match.
“I see a zero, another zero, and I’m thinking (I won) $100,” Terry recalled while claiming his prize.
The zeros just didn't stop. When Sholly realized he won $1 million, he went back in and hugged the woman who sold him the ticket.
He says he plans to put the money into retirement accounts until he has time to let the win sink in.
- Frankfort man wins $1M off scratch-off
- Frankfort officers honored after saving man's life
- Fair food made from scratch comes to town!
- Storms cause damage in Frankfort
- Frankfort holiday trash collection schedule
- Frankfort Mayor addresses wall concerns
- Shade concerns at Frankfort Zoo
- New development "revitalizes" downtown Frankfort
- Frankfort fire under careful watch
- Cause of Frankfort fire undetermined