FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) -- Frankfort residents will soon have a new place in the heart of the city to visit and enjoy the outdoors. City leaders broke ground Wednesday afternoon on the new Prairie Creek Park.
The park will be located on East Washington Street in downtown Frankfort.
More than $250,000 was donated to the city for the space. The new park will include two stages for live performances, a splash pad, playground equipment and a pedestrian bridge along Prarie Creek.
"Prairie Creek Park will be a key amenity in helping our community move forward," said Mayor Chris McBarnes. "Today [Wednesday] we come together to celebrate that and to say what we were yesterday, doesn't have to limit what we can become today."
Construction for the new Praire Creek Park will begin right away. The city hopes to have the park up and running by the summer.
- Frankfort city leaders break ground on new Prairie Creek Park
- Prairie Creek Park set to open late this fall
- City breaks ground at Loeb Stadium
- Lafayette Masonic Temple breaks new ground
- SIA breaks ground on new training facility
- New southside Lafayette library breaks ground
- City of Frankfort cracking down on speeding
- Frankfort's city recycling collection to remain monthly
- Clinton Prairie student receives prestigious scholarship
- HIGHLIGHTS: Clinton Prairie 31, Seeger 23 (GBB)