LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — May the force be with these Baby Yodas.
The newest Star Wars movie, "The Rise of Skywalker" is now out in theatres, and Franciscan Health Lafayette is celebrating!
Brand new babies are dressing up as none other than baby Yoda. Baby Yoda is the internet's latest craze.
The younger Yoda is a character in "The Mandalorian," a Disney+ series. Green knit caps with floppy ears were given out to infants born in the last couple of days ahead of the new movie's release.
News 18 talked with parents who said they love the gift for their newborn. One first-time father we spoke to is a huge fan of Star Wars, and has plans to go see the film Friday. The couple said the Baby Yoda hat will be kept as a keepsake.
"It's going in his baby book," said Brittnie Little, who delivered her son Wednesday.
When asked what it's like to see his first child dressed as Yoda at just one day old, Sam Sample responded, "It's- I can't even explain it. It's just great. It's just awesome."
Even one of the nurses dressed at Princess Leia. Lafayette is one of seven Franciscan Health facilities that gave out yoda hats.
- Franciscan dresses Lafayette newborns up as 'Baby Yoda' ahead of new Star Wars movie
- Hasbro rolls out official Baby Yoda toys
- Franciscan Health Lafayette rated five star hospital facility
- Franciscan Health Lafayette East's campus expanding
- Franciscan Health Lafayette unveils new rehabilitation gym
- Franciscan Health Lafayette opens new West Tower
- Newborn babies at a Pittsburgh hospital dressed up as Mister Rogers for Cardigan Day
- Franciscan nurse donates kidney
- Franciscan Health celebrates their first baby of 2018
- December babies get a special gift at Franciscan Health Hospital