LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Franciscan Health announced that due to the continuing rise of COVID-19 cases, it will move to stricter visitor restrictions starting Wednesday, November 25.
According to a released statement, the new restriction will take place for Franciscan Health Lafayette, Franciscan Health Crawfordsville and Franciscan Health Rensselaer.
- Inpatients: None unless covered under other exception.
- Critical Care Inpatients: None unless covered under other exception.
- Labor & Delivery: A laboring woman will be allowed one visitor, a spouse or partner during labor and delivery. In addition, a labor coach will be allowed.
- NICU: Mother and significant other will be allowed to visit child in NICU with daily screening for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms required. Failure to pass screening will result in a denial of visitation. (In extraordinary and end-of-life situations, the facility may allow an additional one to two visitors to visit, provided proper social distancing and PPE usage are followed.
- Emergency Room: None unless covered under other exception.
- Victims of sexual assault have the right to an advocate, as stated in SEA 146. If requested by the patient, a victim advocate may be present during a medical forensic exam.
- Outpatients/Ambulatory: None unless covered under other exception.
- Surgery: None unless covered under other exception.
- Non-COVID End-of-Life: One visitor will be allowed at a time.
- COVID End-of-Life: One visitor will be allowed at a time. The visitor must wear full PPE while in attendance.
- Minors & Non-Decisional Patients: One visitor will be allowed only for patients that do not have actual or legal decisional capacity. Those include persons under 18, persons with dementia and persons whose condition precludes obtaining an accurate history or decision making.
- Clergy: The patient or their representative may request a member of the Franciscan Spiritual Care Department or outside (community) clergy to be present. Clergy must wear required PPE while in attendance.
Where visitors are allowed throughout the hospital, they must adhere to the following:
- All visitors are required to wear a mask, practice social distancing and practice good hand hygiene.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older (unless parent of a patient).
Franciscan Health will continue to screen all visitors for influenza-like symptoms.