LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Area Plan Commission of Tippecanoe County passed conditional approval for the Fowler Avenue Apartments.
The property is located at the northeast corner of Fowler and Chauncey Avenue.
The petitioner was granted access to rezone and reconfigure several existing lots into two lots.
One of the lots will be a four-story apartment complex with 53 units with 35 basement parking spaces
Lot two will be a parking lot with 10 spaces
Tom Murtaugh, the APC President, feels like the area is best suited for student living.
He says West Lafayette would rather have more living areas than just high-rises.
“That's enough of the high rise buildings at this point until they get occupied and the market can readjust with those residential units online,” said Murtaugh.
The new property replaces several former single-family homes that had been split into apartments.
A date to start the construction has not been decided.
- Plan for Fowler Avenue Apartments approved
- Fowler boil order lifted
- Fowler is under a boil order
- Fowler bar collapses amid rainy weather
- Fowler House hosts first Easter Sunday brunch
- Beloved Fowler couple's lives taken by crash
- Farming equipment knocks out utility poles in Fowler
- Fowler officials want to change the reputation of the area
- Joyride leads to town-wide boil order in Fowler
- Paranormal team investigating Fowler’s most haunted facilities