WHITE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Four people are in the hospital after a crash in White County, Sunday morning.
The crash shut down an intersection for more than 4 hours. It happened just after 11:00 a.m., on County Road 900 E at the intersection of County Road 800 N in White County.
According to White County deputies Elvis Kopka was headed west on County Road 900 N in a van, and Derek Clawson was headed north on the County Road 900 E in a car.
A witness said the van failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with the car at the intersection.
The two vehicles came to a stop in a cornfield on the north-west corner of the intersection.
Both cars also had passengers, Brenda Young was in the van and Brianna Clemans was in the car.
All four people were injured in the crash and taken to IU Health White Memorial Hospital in Monticello.
Kopka, Young and Clawson have since been transported to an Indianapolis hospital.
The crash is still under investigation.
At last check, the victim's injuries are still unknown.
- Four people injured in Sunday morning crash in White County
- Woman injured in White County ORV crash
- Monticello woman dead after Sunday morning crash
- Crash in Fulton County injures 7
- Two airlifted after White County crash
- UPDATE: One dead in White County crash
- 1 dead, 6 injured after Miami County crash
- Four-vehicle crash in Whitely County sends 2 to hospital
- I-65 southbound is back open in White County after crash
- 2 injured in SR 28 crash