PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTTV) — A Fountain County man and Putnam County couple are being charged with human and sexual trafficking, and conspiracy to commit child molestation.
WTTV reports that court documents show the charges are a result of an investigation into multiple incidents in 2016 at a Crawfordsville motel and a campground.
Investigators claim 70-year-old Paul Crowder paid Robert and April Glaze hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, to have sex with two girls under the age of 16.
When questioned, Crowder admitted he touched the victims inappropriately and that he gave money to the Glazes on several occasions.
Advocacy organizations say sex trafficking is a major issue in all 92 counties in Indiana.
"For those who want to know what the numbers as it relates to human trafficking, I'm a father of a daughter and a son, one is too many to be trafficked," said director of the Indiana Trafficking Victims Assistance Program Kenneth Allen.
The national center for human trafficking hotline has reported an increase in calls across the state.
- Fountain Co. man at center of human trafficking investigation
- 5K raises money for human trafficking victims
- Purdue hosts competition to diminish human trafficking
- AG announces expansion of Indiana’s Human Trafficking Unit
- Indiana State Police crack down on human trafficking
- McCutcheon musical to touch on topic of human trafficking
- Indiana gas stations teach staff to report human trafficking
- Local church works to raise awareness about human trafficking
- New water fountains to be installed in local parks
- Round the Fountain Art Fair comes to Downtown Lafayette