TIPPECANOE CO., Ind. (WLFI) — Former West Lafayette minister Craig Burden is asking a judge to modify his sentence for child exploitation and child porn.
Burden, 31, was a worship leader at Calvary Baptist Church when he was arrested in July 2015.
His ex-wife went to police after she found child pornography on his computer.
Burden pleaded guilty and was sentenced to four years in prison, two years on Community Corrections and one year on probation.
Now, he is requesting reunification therapy with his child.
According to the motion, he also wants the remaining balance of his sentence to be modified to community corrections.
Tippecanoe Superior Court Judge Randy Williams is taking the motion under advisement.
- Former child sex offender asks to modify sentence
- Repeat sex offender sentenced to 50 years
- New sex offender law signed
- Accused child sex offender wants change of venue
- Repeat offender sentenced to 28 years for child molesting
- Lafayette man sentenced for sex crimes against child
- Manhunt underway for convicted sex offender in Madison County
- Why some neighborhoods aren't on the sex offender registry
- White County sex offender caught on school property
- Previously convicted child molester sentenced