LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A former Tippecanoe School Corporation employee was arrested on Friday after detectives were alerted to a possible inappropriate relationship with a student.
According to the Tippecanoe County Sheriff’s Office, Jennifer R. Holmgren was arrested on allegations of child molestation and child solicitation.
A statement released by the Tippecanoe School Corporation saying;
"Law enforcement was notified immediately when school officials became aware of a suspicious email between Jennifer Holmgren, a special education aide at Klondike Elementary School and a student at another school. As a result of an internal investigation, Jennifer Holmgren is no longer employed by the Tippecanoe School Corporation."
According to TSC, Holmgren worked for the corporation for six years. They said the school learned about the email and began the investigation on Friday, November 1st. Holmgren was fired on Sunday, and according to the TSCO press release, their investigators were notified on Monday the 4th.
At this time, Holmgren is incarcerated at the Tippecanoe County Jail with no bond.
This story will be updated as more information is available.
- Former TSC employee arrested, suspected of inappropriate relationship with student
- LPD investigating report of inappropriate relationship between a teacher and students at Jeff High School
- Lafayette Jeff assistant football coach investigated for inappropriate relationship with students
- TSC students learn about STEM careers
- Former TSC employee officially charged with child molesting
- Prosecutors: 40-year-old TSC employee started molesting student when he was 9
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- TSC encourages parents to register students for Kindergarten Round-Up
- TSC teachers hold car parade to see their students
- Enrollment continues to increase for TSC