WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Joe McConnell was the radio voice of Purdue football from 1994 to 2009.
McConnell died Sunday at the age of 79.
Aside from broadcasting Purdue games, McConnell also broadcasted National Football League games for 23 years and worked in both the National Basketball Association and Major League Baseball for seven years each.
He was inducted into the Indiana Broadcast Pioneers Hall of Fame this past November.
- Former Purdue football radio voice Joe McConnell dies at 79
- Retired Indianapolis Archbishop Buechlein dies at 79
- Joe Laurie commits to IWU football program
- FULL INTERVIEW: Former Purdue Linebacker Joe Holland
- Purdue releases spring football schedule
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic 79, Attica 48 (BBB)
- Purdue graduate students voice concerns over pay changes
- Purdue football announces future football game dates, opponents
- Purdue University football players lead Special Olympics flag football clinic
- Purdue football begins preparing for Iowa