DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — A retired Delphi Community High School teacher is getting her "last wish" granted. Wednesday, Laura Baker went back to the school where she taught for 30 years.
Baker is currently in hospice care at Rosewalk Village. She visited with her old students and co-workers and was quick to remember all of those who came to wish her well.
She told stories about her time teaching English at Delphi. She especially enjoyed reflecting on the funny memories made while teaching.
"So many times things happen that people don't know about that I just love," said Baker. "I wouldn't dare repeat now!"
Baker also coached Spell Bowl and the Academic Decathlon teams. She was named the Hoosier Teacher of the Year in 1990.
- Former Delphi High School teacher gets 'final wish'
- Arrest made for social media threat against Delphi High School
- Delphi teachers created a coat drive for students and families
- Delphi Community School Corporation working out finances
- Delphi homicide investigation moves back to Delphi City Hall
- Delphi residents react after Monday's Delphi Homicide press conference
- Fired Cathedral High School teacher sues Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Indiana Junior High School Rodeo State Finals is underway
- Solar panels put money back into Delphi schools
- Delphi Community School Corporation completes solar energy project