BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) — Demolition finally began on the former Days Inn in Battle Ground.
It has sat empty for more than 15 years after Days Inn said it would improve the property, but didn't.
An independent contractor has already taken care of what he says, "90 percent" of the vegetation.
Everything inside the property will be recycled except dry wall and plastics. What use to be the front entrance was torn down Friday evening and in two weeks, the rooms will be demolished followed by everything else.
The goal is to have everything complete within 45 days.
We will talk with the president of Battle Ground's town council next week on what possibly could replace the former days inn.
Look for an updated story on Monday
- Former Days Inn demoltion finally begins
- Judge orders demolition of former Days Inn in Battle Ground
- Groundbreaking ceremony held for the Whittaker Inn
- Battle Ground sues group that promised to fix up old Days Inn
- Plans moving ahead for bed and breakfast style inn
- Final phase of State Street redevelopment to begin Monday
- Black Friday shopping begins
- Final Phase of West Lafayette State Street Project begins in March
- Indiana Senate candidates debate one final time before Election Day
- United Way makes final push in last days of campaign