INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WLFI) -- A little more than a month after his term ended, former U.S. Congressman Todd Rokita has a new job. Rokita will serve as general counsel and vice president of external affairs at Apex Benefits, a benefits strategy and service provider in Indianapolis.
Rokita will lead all internal and external legal functions for Apex Benefits. He also will collaborate with industry experts in transformation of healthcare and employee benefits issues, according to the company.
“It’s been my highest honor to serve and fight for my fellow Hoosiers, whether at the Statehouse or in Congress," said Rokita. "I’m eager to continue that effort with a nimble company and a team of true servant leaders. Employers should have access to easy-to-understand, cost-effective healthcare solutions that help their businesses grow and improve quality of life for their employees. I look forward to continuing that fight as part of the Apex team.”
Rokita represented Greater Lafayette in Indiana's 4th Congressional district from 2011 to Jan. 3, 2019. Rokita ran in the contentious May Republican primary for Indiana Senate and lost to now Sen. Mike Braun. His campaign for senate ultimately gave up his chance to run for re-election in Congress. Republican Jim Baird now holds the seat.
- Former Congressman Todd Rokita joins Indianapolis-based Apex Solutions
- Todd Rokita Files For US Senate
- Congressman Rokita talks about his future
- Todd Rokita on state tour leading up to primary election
- U.S. Representative Todd Rokita hosted Town Hall in Frankfort
- Rokita to host town hall in final weeks as congressman, still mum on future
- Indianapolis-based company recalls fruit products linked to salmonella outbreak
- Rokita leads opioid discussion at Capitol Hill
- Rokita hosts Lafayette meet and greet
- Indiana GOP locked Rokita out of database