TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A recent Forbes magazine article gives Lafayette the number two spot for business and careers in the nation.
The area is considered a small-metro made up of Lafayette, West Lafayette, all of Tippecanoe County and Carroll and Benton Counties.
The ranking mentions Lafayette but also discusses the influence West Lafayette and Purdue has on the area's success.
The list takes into account all businesses, large and small. Mayor Tony Roswarski said combining education and research on one side of the river with large industry on the other, bodes well for the community.
"Lafayette and West Lafayette create really they say an economic hub in Indiana and that synergy between the two cities, the university really creates this unique economic opportunity," said Roswarski.
Mayor Roswarski said he was proud to have made the list but added the award is everyone's award. '
"This is really a community award and that is a big part of it, saying thank you to the community and what everybody does because without all of us working together you know we wouldn't be able to have a ranking of that nature," said Roswarski.
- Forbes Magazine recognizes Lafayette
- Purdue Alumnus recognized by Forbes Magazine
- Lafayette Fire Department recognized for annual Fire Prevention show
- United Way recognizes community impact
- Recognizing how Alzheimer's impacts Hoosiers
- 6 neighbors recognized for saving a life
- Tippecanoe County recognizes Crime Victims' Rights Week
- Local group recognizes Underground Railroad home
- Ten officers recognized at Top Cop Awards
- Benton County family recognized at State Fair