FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A Clinton County Jail inmate and two employees of a food service provider have been charged in a trafficking investigation.
On Feb. 21, court documents say Sheriff Rich Kelly learned of possible illegal activity between two women working for Aramark, a food service company contracted to serve inside the jail.
Court documents say the women allowed inmates to use their cell phones while in jail. Prosecutors also say investigators discovered phone calls between the women and inmates that were sexual in nature.
Prosecutors say 39-year-old Amanda Gilman was involved in a relationship with 37-year-old inmate Joshua Arreaga. Gilman and Arreaga would have sex at a Frankfort gas station while he was on work release, according to court documents. Investigators also found messages of sexual content with an inmate on Gilman's cell phone, according to prosecutors. Court documents say Arreaga admitted to having sexual relations with Gilman while on work release.
Deli meat and other foods that prosecutors say were stolen from Aramark were also found inside Gilman's car during a search.
Prosecutors say the second Aramark employee, 25-year-old Lindsay Ferguson, made 33 calls since the beginning of the year to inmate Eric Markwith. The calls were sexually explicit, according to prosecutors.
Amanda Gilman is charged with two counts including Sexual Misconduct and Theft. Lindsay Ferguson has been charged with Sexual Misconduct and Trafficking with an Inmate. Joshua Arreaga has been charged with Failure to Return to Lawful Detention.
A Clinton Co. Jail inmate & 2 Aaramark food service providers are charged in a trafficking investigation. Court docs say Amanda Gilman & Lindsay Ferguson let inmates to use their phones while in jail. Sexual content also found @WLFI @clintonsheriff
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) March 12, 2019
- Food service providers charged in Clinton County Jail trafficking investigation
- Internal investigation at Clinton County Jail leads to arrest
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Clinton County crash involving school bus under investigation
- Purdue partners with LTHC to provide food to community
- Body found in Clinton County
- Secret Services intercepts 2 'suspicious packages' addressed to Obama, Clinton
- Fountain Co. man at center of human trafficking investigation
- TCSO investigates drugs found in jail cell
- Clinton County man found dead after crash