FLORA, Ind. (WLFI) — Police in Flora are trying to get a statewide Silver Alert issued for a missing woman, according to Flora Police Chief Paul Redmon. Redmon said 25-year-old Kyra Boehning was last seen at 11:00 p.m. on Monday evening October 8.
Kyra allegedly had taken her boyfriend’s blue 2006 Dodge Caravan minivan from their residence in Flora. That vehicle was later located by Clinton County Sheriff’s Deputies in their county, near 0 North South and County Road 500 E. Kyra’s identification and other personal items were found, locked inside the minivan. A search by Flora and Clinton County authorities of the surrounding area turned up nothing.
Flora Police Chief Paul Redmon said it is a "suspicious incident."
Kyra is approximately 5’5”-5’7” in height, and weighs between 125-150 pounds. She has brown hair and eyes. She was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt with “Fat Kid Inc.” printed in black lettering on the back of the sweatshirt. She was also wearing denim capris and flat bottom sandals. Kyra has tattoos on the left side of her neck and the name “Mark” tattooed on the right side of her neck. She further has the name “Greene” tattooed across her stomach.
Investigators are working to get a statewide Silver Alert issued, but Redmon said criteria has to be met.
Calls to the Clinton County Sheriff's Offices were not returned.
Police do not believe she has any immediate medical issues but she is believed to be in possession of a 9mm handgun.
Anyone having information on Kyra’s location or having contact with her is asked to contact the Flora Police Department, 574-967-4457; Carroll County E911 Center, 765-564-2413, option #1; Indiana State Police-Lafayette, IN district, 765-567-2125, or the nearest law enforcement agency.
The photo was provided by the boyfriend.
- Flora police searching for missing woman after car found abandoned in Clinton Co.
- Flora police still searching for woman missing since last week
- Flora fire chief resigns
- Flora police are investigating an armed robbery
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- Woman dies in car crash involving police car in Clinton County
- Body found in Clinton County
- Questions linger about Flora fire investigation
- Lafayette community supports Flora fire victims
- Flora fire investigation continues 1 year later