CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — One year has passed since a fire took the lives of four girls in Flora. Now investigators say they are looking at several people who may be related to the case.
"It's been a quiet year because the girls were always out here making noise and playing,” said Lisa Boyd.
Lisa Boyd looks next door and remembers a house once so full of life.
Now adorned with faded caution tape and a charred exterior.
It's been one year since a house fire in Flora took the lives of four sisters.
"This kind of a loss it's really indescribable," said Boyd.
There have been many turns throughout the course of this case.
Starting with the State Fire Marshall's Office ruling the fire arson.
Ending with a recent string of resignations from officials tied to the case.
Boyd doesn't think any of that has slowed the investigation.
"Because we live next door, the investigators have spoken with us as recently as last month," said Boyd.
So where does the investigation stand now?
Indiana State Police Sergeant Kim Riley says they are looking at several people who may be related to the case.
"No way shape or form, it's not a cold case no,” said Riley. "I can tell you that the officers we're chasing down all types of leads at this point in time.”
But he can't say who they are or how they may be related.
"Somebody has heard something from the monster that did this and thinks he can get away with it," said Boyd.
When she looks at the house she can't help but wonder.
"Living next door second guessing...well maybe if I'd gotten up earlier, or maybe if I'd run over there," said Boyd.
365 days later she is trying to look a different way.
"No tip is too small they're gonna follow it all up and that's what we really need people to do," said Boyd.
Determined to bring justice to the community.
- Flora fire investigation continues 1 year later
- Flora fire chief resigns
- Questions linger about Flora fire investigation
- Flora police are investigating an armed robbery
- ISP responds to NAACP allegation about Flora fire investigation
- Investigators: 'Solid persons of interest' in Flora fatal fire 2 years later
- Lafayette community supports Flora fire victims
- Flora community comes together 1 year after tragedy
- IFD to conduct peer review of state police investigation into fatal Flora fire
- Residents speak out on Flora fire chief's resignation