TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Tippecanoe County is starting to see the effects of this on going rainstorm. County Sheriff Bob Goldsmith created a list of areas that tend to see the most flooding:
- SR 43 North (North River Road) in the area of Riverbend Hospital
- Division Road around 700 West
- 450 East from 550 S to 700 S
- 900 E between 200 N and 250 N
- Eisenhower Road near Wildcat Park
- 225 E from Old SR 25 to the one-land bridge
- 9th Street from Battle Ground to Burnett Road
- Barton Beach Road
- SR 28 E and 700 E
Sheriff Goldsmith reports several low lying county roads also tend to see the worst flooding. He advises drivers to avoid going through flooded roadways. He also said to not drive around road closed barriers.
Heavy rain fall like this could be strong enough to move a vehicle and put drivers in dangerous situations. The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office dive team is on standby ready to help drivers in need.