LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Five local teachers were honored for their hard work and dedication in the classroom.
The 2018 Golden Apple Awards were held Tuesday night.
For 30 years now, local teachers have been recognized for their commitment to education
The awards are put on by Greater Lafayette Commerce with WLFI and State Farm sponsoring the event.
This year's teachers include Katherine Tackett, Shelly Buck, Tom Rice, Wade Harrington and Zach Brennan.
News 18 caught up with a few of this year's recipients to learn what they love most about teaching.
"How different it can be from day to day. It's never the same and the kids make it a lot of fun, and we get to enjoy making music together," said Tackett.
"I love working with my students. I love spending my day with my students and helping my students grow," said Buck.
If you missed the ceremony in person, it will air on WLFI on April 14 at 7 p.m.
- 5 teachers honored at the 2018 Golden Apple Awards
- Golden Apple 2018 Winners
- Local educators honored at 2019 Golden Apple Awards
- Submit your nomination for the next Golden Apple Award
- Golden Apple 2017 - Bridget Winger
- Golden Apple 2017 - Connie Harper
- Golden Apple 2017 - Holly Olney
- Golden Apple 2017 - Marisa Arms
- Golden Apple 2017 - Tanya Schwecke
- 'Golden Pete' awards held at Purdue