CLINTON AND TIPPECANOE COUNTIES, Ind. (WLFI) – The Indiana Department of Transportation has announced the timeline for closures on three Tippecanoe County Roads over State Road 25.
The contractor will be placing polymeric overlays on the three bridges. They plan to close C.R. 1000 E. over S.R. 25 on or after Monday, May 6. Only one bridge will be closed at one time for up to 30 days.
Once completed, they will then begin work on C.R. 900 E. then to C.R. 500 E. over S.R. 25 and the railroad. There will be signed county road detours up for each closure for traffic to follow.
Milestone Contractors L.P. was awarded this contract for $3.4 million. This project includes patching and resurfacing S.R. 26 from to just over one mile east of I-65 to over one half of one mile east of U.S. 421.
The contractor will be closing one lane of the roadway in the area they will be working. This portion of the project is scheduled for completion in mid-October of this year.
INDOT reminds motorists to follow the posted work zone speed limit, use caution and consider worker safety when traveling through a construction zone.
- First of three bridge closures starting over State Road 25
- Traffic Alert: State Road 26 20 minute closures start Wednesday
- Road closures due to bridge replacement in Clinton County
- White County bridge replacement will cause road closure
- Temporary weekend road closure on State Street
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Sagamore bridge closures delayed until Wednesday
- North River Road closure rescheduled
- Overnight Sagamore Parkway closures starting Wednesday
- UPDATE: Monday's North River Road closure postponed