LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Dana Lafayette Manufacturing evacuated all of its employees because of a small fire.
That's the former Oerlikon Fairfield on Sagamore Parkway across from the Tippecanoe Mall.
The fire started around 2:45 this afternoon triggering the fire alarms. Lafayette Fire was on the scene within minutes.
LFD's Batallion Chief Mike Hieatt said it happened in the heat treatment side of the building.
All employees were able to return to work at 3:45 p.m.
Nobody was injured and LFD is still figuring out what caused the fire.
- Fire evacuates all employees at Dana Manufacturing Plant
- Manufacturing "Week" underway
- Injuries reported in 5,000-square-foot deck collapse at Monticello manufacturing plant
- Weekend fire forces evacuation in Purdue Village
- Indiana Workforce Development praises area manufacturers
- Fire heavily damages northern Indiana RV plant
- K-12 students get a glimpse of manufacturing industry during "Manufacturing Week"
- Frankfort fire crews battling large fire at recycling plant
- UPDATE: Council approves tax abatement for local manufacturer
- Multicounty data-sharing network to improve farming, manufacturing