TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — According to the Sheriff’s Office, officials received a call around 2:30 p.m. Monday afternoon of a house fire in the 1900 block of East 600 North, near the intersection of State Road 43 and 600 North.
The homeowner had called 911 after seeing black smoke billowing up from her basement.
Firefighters from Battle Ground, Buck Creek and Wabash Township were on the scene and able to put out the fire in about 15 minutes.
The American Red Cross was on the scene as well.
- Crews battling house fire in Tippecanoe County
- Three fire crews battled a house fire in northern Tippecanoe County
- Family displaced in Tippecanoe County house fire
- Four fire departments battled Attica house fire
- House catches fire in northern West Lafayette
- Purdue Crew rows in Tippecanoe County Mall
- Tippecanoe County funding Battle Ground hotel demolition
- Tippecanoe County looks to diversify housing
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Fire heavily damages northern Indiana RV plant