LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette Fire Department is looking into what caused a computer repair shop to catch fire on Sunday morning.
Currently, the fire is undetermined but they've ruled out anything suspicious according to Fire Captain Toby Frost.
It happened at Computers Made Easy, which is located near the corner of Teal Road and Concord Road.
Frost said there was no visible fire when they arrived just heavy smoke. They got everything controlled at around 10:30 a.m.
Frost said most of the smoke was contained in the attic area. The fire inspector believes the fire started in the owner's office.
As owner Tedd Riehle works on getting the building back in order, he said customers are still their top priority.
“The bottom part of the store we should be able to open as soon as possible but we want to make sure that, of the machines we've got there, we'll take them somewhere and get them fixed and get people up and running right away that's the most important thing,” said Riehle.
Riehle was at home doing yard work when he got the call about his business being on fire. He said he’s grateful for the fire department's hard work this morning.
“You really don't appreciate the fire department until they come and put your fire out and so we want to thank those guys for all the work they do,” said Riehle.
Riehle has owned the computer repair business for 30 years. No one was in the building at the time and the doors were secured before the fire department arrived.