WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue University is one step closer to adding some much needed space for students.
The university has announced the teams selected to compete for new housing projects.
It will add two new student housing facilities with a total of about 1,100 new beds.
The university selected Plenary Properties Purdue, LLC. and Third & Meredith Partners. The selection was based on an evaluation of their technical and financial proposals.
Over the coming months, these two teams will work with the university and its advisers to refine their design concepts
The university will announce its choice in July. Construction is expected to begin later this fall with the residence halls scheduled to open for the 2020 to 2021 academic year.
- Finalists selected for Purdue student housing projects
- Purdue scientist lone finalist for U of Vermont presidency
- Harrison High School Jazz Band selected as one of eight finalists in ISSMA State Jazz Competition
- Indiana House member among finalists for utility commission
- Purdue's Matt Painter named a finalist for Naismith Coach of the Year
- Purdue great Terry Dischinger selected for College Basketball Hall of Fame
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards selected with 33rd overall pick, traded to Celtics
- Purdue ranks fourth in international student enrollment
- Purdue students react to Jeff Brohm speculation
- Purdue students to research in Antarctica