GRIFFITH, Ind. (AP) — Police say two people suffered minor injuries after a fight at a high school basketball game involving Griffith fans and a member of the Hammond coaching staff spilled onto the court.
Griffith police Cmdr. Keith Martin says at least four adults and possibly one or two teenage students were involved in the fight Monday night at Griffith High School.
The (Northwest Indiana) Times reports two adults were injured, but refused additional medical treatment after medics checked them.
Martin says the fight escalated from an argument that began while Griffith fans were sitting behind the Hammond bench.
The Griffith Public Schools issued a statement saying no students from either school were involved and that the four adults were not residents of Griffith.
Martin declined to release the name of the coach because the fight remains under investigation. No arrests have been made.
The same two schools also were involved in an in-game fight in February 2015.
- Fight breaks out at high school basketball game in Griffith
- Soldier surprises brother before high school basketball game
- Frontier high school boys and girls basketball games cancelled
- Local high school basketball scores (12/16/17)
- Unique basketball game promotes teamwork
- Lafayette spinners wheelchair basketball game
- High school student breaks into WL construction site, climbs crane
- Parking information for Purdue-Indiana basketball game
- High school sectional championship scoreboard
- Purdue basketball, climbs one spot, set for Marquette Game