LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A "long-running feud" is to blame for a large fight that ended with shots being fired into the air, according to Lafayette police.
Officers responded to the 500 block of South 15th Street around 7:45 Monday night for a report of a fight involving around 15 people. Police said they were mostly juveniles fighting outside who had been in a long-running feud. According to police, a 19-year-old was pepper sprayed.
Police said an adult male came out of a home and fired three shots into the air to break up the fight. According to police, officers are still searching for the person who fired the shots, however three shell casings were found at the scene.
As of Tuesday morning, no arrests have been made.
- Fifteen-person fight ends with shots fired into air
- Criminal charge dropped in fight that ended in fatal injury
- Shots fired outside Lafayette bar overnight
- Police detain "person of interest" in fire with body found
- Pleasant end to week
- Police arrest 4 after shots fired outside Lafayette apartments
- Lafayette police find shell casings after report of shots fired
- Shot fired at cop leads to attempted murder charge
- LPD investigating shots fired in Brampton Apartments area
- Police investigating reports of shots fired at Briarwood Apartments