BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) — Musicians, crafters, and artists are showcasing their talent at this year's Fiddlers' Gathering in Battle Ground. The event starts on Friday, Jun. 28 and ends Sunday, Jun. 30.
“Indiana Fiddlers' Gathering is a nonprofit organization that is committed to preserving traditional music,” said Karah Rawlings, executive director of Fiddlers’ Gathering.
The music at Fiddlers' Gathering may not be hitting the Billboard Hot 100 charts but this kind of sound holds a history beyond a summer hit or a one-hit wonder.
“A lot of this music is stuff that's been passed down for so many years and it's cool to be able to do that in this kind of environment,” said Rawlings.
Fiddlers' Gathering Executive Director Karah Rawlings said this festival's target audience is everyone.
“The target audience is people who already enjoy this kind of music and are willing to teach people who don't know a lot about it,” said Rawlings.
Rawlings hopes the musicians leading this event inspire youth and musicians who maybe wouldn't think of giving this style music a try.
“We do want the young people to learn about it,” said Rawlings. “We want people who are maybe musicians in other ways to come and learn about it and see its value.”
This year marks the 47th annual event and Rawling's believes it’s the idea of tradition that has made this festival stand the test of time.
“They came when they were little kids and now they're adults and kind of get to experience it in a different way,” said Rawlings.
This event is offering free concerts and workshops all weekend. Click here for the festival schedule.
- Fiddlers' Gathering kicks off 47th annual festival
- 48th annual Indiana Fiddler's Gathering canceled
- Musicians come together to celebrate Indiana Fiddlers' Gathering
- Indiana ranked 47th in nation for employee well-being
- Wabash Riverfest Kicks off 18th Annual Event
- 30th annual Jazz Festival held at Purdue
- Red Ribbon Week kicks-off with annual breakfast
- Annual Memorial Day Parade kicks off in Lafayette
- Food Finders kicks off 8th annual Food Drive.
- United Way kicks off 2020 with annual meeting