LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Agents served a search warrant at 1345 Unity Drive Tuesday morning. A spokesman for the US Attorney in Northern Indiana would not confirm who the warrant targeted.
As WLFI has previously reported, pain management Doctor Robert Bigler works at that address. WLFI reported on Doctor Bigler after several pharmacies refused to fill prescriptions he wrote.
Bigler's office was closed this afternoon. A recording stated, "The Pain Care Center is closed today due to unforeseen circumstances."
Unity Healthcare released a statement this afternoon confirming that the Drug Enforcement Agency is at the Pain Care Center on its campus.
Unity's Chief Legal Officer, Jennifer Struck, says "It is common practice for the DEA to make periodic unannounced inspections of records and security measures for practices that handle and prescribe controlled substances. We are fully cooperating with the DEA in their investigation."
Struck added that the Pain Care Center is open tomorrow.
- Federal agents are investigating a Lafayette medical facility
- Lafayette fire training facility expanding
- Attorney: Federal agents seize documents from Trump lawyer
- Senior living facility to replace former medical building
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Franciscan Health Lafayette rated five star hospital facility
- Lafayette City Council discusses low-income senior housing facility
- Lafayette School Corporation set to open several new facilities
- FBI on scene at Lafayette Nanshan America facility
- New Franciscan Health facility opens inside Lafayette Family YMCA