I have light sleet & snow (40% snow, 60% sleet) here at WLFI as of 9:20 p.m.
Temperature has dropped to 33 with north-northeast wind sustained at 19 mph.
A mix of snow, sleet, even a bit of freezing rain is possible into the overnight before tapering late.
It will continue to be windy from the north-northwest with winds gusting +30 mph at times.
0.1" or less of sleet/freezing rain is possible along with a few tenths of an inch of snow.
Although well less then 1" will dominate the area, it is possible in the band shown that a few isolated 1" to slightly more than 1" amounts occur.
Temperatures will drop to 24-27.
After a lull Wednesday morning through midday, snow & sleet should overspread the area after 4 p.m.
Road conditions will go downhill for the evening rush & beyond.
The entire viewing could go to all snow briefly, then sleet & freezing rain should overtake the snow in the southeast half to 2/3 of the viewing area.
Temperatures will run in the 20s to lower 30s.
Winds will be gusty from the northeast & east-northeast resulting in blowing & drifting.
There may be a break with a lack of much precipitation for a bit Thursday morning.
Then, snow should return with gusty north winds.
It will become more scattered late Thursday-Thursday night.
Band of 6-9" of snow is likely from Missouri to northeastern Illinois.
3-6" is likely in the northwestern half of the viewing area with 1-3" in the southeastern half. In the southeastern half there will be much more in the way of sleet & freezing rain to chew away at the total.
Isolated flurries & snow showers are possible Friday, then snow showers Saturday.
Brisk winds will keep some blowing & drifting going off & on.
- February 10, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 18, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 4, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 10, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 10, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 11, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 12, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 8, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 8, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 7, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update