Wave of some light freezing rain showers, possibly mix with bit of sleet, is possible Wednesday morning in the 6:30-9 a.m. time frame.
Trace-0.02" of liquid are possible.
A couple slick spots are possible as roads dampen/wetten with temperatures in upper 20s to around 32.
Afternoon looks dry & mostly cloudy as winds pick up from the southwest, warming us to 38-45.
Cold front will pass mid to late afternoon with a pretty quick temperature drop to 30-35 with a few lake effect flurries in the north & mostly cloudy skies elsewhere.
After southeast winds 5-11 mph in the morning & then southwest winds 13-21 mph, northwest winds may gust to 30 mph at times in the very late afternoon-evening.
Two things have changed about the Friday night-Saturday system:
1. It looks more & more like an all-snow event & not any rainfall.
2. It looks like much of the snow will fall Saturday, not Friday night to early Saturday morning.
A little bit of light snow is possible Friday night, but the main area of snow looks to pass Saturday on strong northeast winds up to 30 mph.
Gusts Saturday night-Sunday morning may reach 40 mph at times as bitterly cold air roars in.
Any snow will blow & drift Saturday to Sunday.
Does it look like a big snow? No. 1-3"? That is the best estimate right now, but it could certainly change. Looks like the band of heaviest snow with up to 5" will set up south of our area.
Very low wind chills for early March will dominate Sunday-Tuesday with strong winds & -5 to single digits at night & teens to 20s during the days. Such cold will result in wind chills as low as -30 to -20 at times.
Actual air temperatures:
Arctic high pressure will dominate much of next week with snow system late next week possible.
March 12 rain/ice to snow is possible with strong winds.
- February 26, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update: Sct'd Freezing Rain......Snow, Windy & Very Cold Weather for March
- October 26, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 8, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update: Rain, Windy, Some T'Storms & Some Snow Ahead
- January 27, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update: Snow, Ice, Rain, Wind, Flash Freezing & Near/Record Cold
- February 10, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 18, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 25, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update: Cold, Windy, Snowy Pattern Ahead with Near/Record Cold in March
- December 26, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- May 26, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 4, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update