The high end of February sun angle & temperatures have helped to keep many roads slushy or wet so far. The sun at the end of February is much, much stronger than sun in late January or late December.
Temperatures are still running 29-32, which makes chemicals work well, too.
Of the reports received, I have 1-5" here on the list as of 1:10 p.m. Most of the reports are 2-5" so far.
The bands of heaviest snowfall are now just east of US 231. However, accumulating snowfall still goes back to I-57.
Once this exits this evening we will just have those flurries & snow showers you see upstream around Chicago, Milwaukee & Madison pass through our area.
However, winds continue to increase with gusts now as high as 32 mph being measured. This is causing blowing & drifting snow & this will continue through the rest of the today & into tonight. Thoughts are that it will worsen as some gusts peak as high as 40 mph.
Temperatures will also continue to drop to 20s later today & then 15-20 tonight. Wind chills by later tonight may drop to near 0.
Roads conditions will worsen will falling temperatures & blowing & drifting.
Now to midnight:
1 p.m. to midnight additional possible snowfall:
Tomorrow will turn partly cloudy with gusty winds diminishing late & highs in the 20s.
- February 26, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 26, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 26, 3:45 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 26, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 26, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- May 26, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 26, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 26, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- January 26, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 26, 12 PM Weather Forecast Update