High Wind Warning is up from 4 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday.
Winds will be sustained at 25-40 mph with gusts 45-60 mph. Isolated gusts of 65 mph are possible.
Some power outages are possible, along with tree damage. Loose objects such as trash cans will be tossed & blown distances. Minor structural damage is possible given the duration of the winds.
Severe weather outbreak is underway Tennessee to Alabama & Mississippi with major flooding Kentucky to Mississippi.
Blizzard is also underway from Kansas to Nebrask to western Iowa.
Here, spoke of showers & an isolated rumble of thunder is moving through the area now.
The 60-degree line is approaching St. Louis with 70-degree line in northern Arkansas.
Current spoke of rain will pivot northward, followed by rapidly-rising temperatures to the 50s to 60 as winds turn to the south & southwest & pick up this evening.
Spoke of showers & t'showers should develop & pivot around rapidly-strengthening surface low northwest Missouri to northwestern Illinois, then Michigan.
CAPE will be very low, but impressive dynamics & kinamatics with some cold air aloft may lead to an isolated severe gust or two making it to the ground. An isolated incident or two of pea hail is possible.
Isolated cold core tornado risk is low, but not zero given shear.
This spoke will pivot through in the 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. time frame.
Also, 45-65 mph gusts are possible with line of showers that occurs with actual cold front (4-6 a.m. time frame) very early Sunday morning. Such gusts will follow frontal passage & last into Sunday as well.
Howling winds will be accompanied by some scattered rain/snow to snow Sunday morning.
This will exit by noon, followed by afternoon-evening clearing as temperatures fall from 34-40 to 24-29 with wind chills dropping to near 10 late in the day.
Wind chills by early Monday morning will run -7 to 3 with lows 10-16.
With sunshine, highs will only reach 25-31 with wind chills 10-17.
- February 23, 5:30 PM Update: Tracking Showers/T'Showers.........& High Wind Warning
- February 23, 10 PM: Showers, T'Showers (Iso. Severe).....High Winds Late Tonight
- February 24, 12:20 PM: Gusty Showers/T'Showers (Iso. Severe) & High Wind Event Arrive 4 a.m. & Onward
- February 24, 12 PM Update: High Wind Event Continues
- February 17, 2:30 PM Weather Update
- February 17, 6:30 PM Weather Update
- February 11, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update: Snow, High Winds = Rough Travel
- February 22, 10 PM Isolated Severe Risk & High Wind Event Update
- February 22, 2 PM Weather Update: High Wind Watch Up For Part of Area
- December 23, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update