About every watch, warning & advisory you can think of is on the Lower 48 map this morning.
Only thing missing is Tornado & Severe T'Storm Watches & Warnings, which will be up with time today.
This is one powerhouse storm with a blizzard, severe weather outbreak, high wind event & very high fire danger (parts of Texas & New Mexico).
A few showers & drizzle are possible this morning-afternoon, but more widespread showers & even some storms will pass this evening-early tonight.
Temperatures will skyrocket from 30s & 40s to 50s to lower 60s. As winds increase & turn to the south as warm front lifts northward.
I shifted isolated severe risk from 7-10 p.m. to 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. for the viewing area as a whole.
A couple isolated severe gusts &/or brief weak EF0 tornado is possible. An isolated hailer or two is also possible.
It looks like a spoke of numerous discrete showers & t'storms arranged in a band that will pass over the area.
In terms of the high winds, it will be gusty ahead of & just behind the showers & storms with gusts from the south, then southwest up to 35 mph.
However, the really high winds will not move in until a line of gusty wind-driven showers along the cold front pass 3-6 a.m.
With that passage & behind it, winds will be sustained from the west at 30-40 mph with gusts 45-60 mph. Isolated gusts to 65 mph are possible. Winds will gradually turn to the west-northwest with time.
Some power outages, minor structural damage & tree damage is likely as this wind will last through the afternoon & at times even to the evening hours.
Winds may still gust to 50 mph Sunday night & even 35 mph Monday morning-midday before decreasing to gusts of 25-30 mph Monday afternoon.
With this, some snow showers are possible Sunday morning-midday followed by some clearing later Sunday. Local dustings of snow are possible. Temperatures will fall all day Sunday from 34-40 to 24-29.
With lows 10-16 by Monday morning, wind chills will drop to -7 to 3.
- February 23, 10 AM: Powerhouse Storm
- February 11-13, 2019 Powerhouse Storm: Ice to Rain & Dense Fog to Wind Event & Ground Blizzard
- February 9, 11 AM Weather Forecast Update: Snow & Ice Ahead & Powerhouse Storm Monday-Tuesday & Another Later Week
- Gold and Black LIVE February 23
- Friday Night Frenzy Scores for February 23
- January 21, 12:30 PM: Powerhouse Storm Tuesday-Wednesday, Then Clippers
- Indiana museum toasts region's days as canning powerhouse
- February 23, 10 PM: Showers, T'Showers (Iso. Severe).....High Winds Late Tonight
- December 23, 10 AM Weather Forecast Update
- February 23, 5:30 PM Update: Tracking Showers/T'Showers.........& High Wind Warning