Snowfall total at the WLFI site in West Lafayette is 1.1" with 0.06" freezing rain & trace of sleet.
Snowfall totals vary from 0.4-0.8" on our western & northwest fringe to 1-2.5" elsewhere.
1.4" Southeast Lafayette
1.2" Northeast Lafayette
0.7" 2 Miles North of Frankfort
The freezing line runs from Fowler to Monticello to Logansport. North of that line, freezing drizzle & patchy light freezing rain continues. South of there, it is just plain old cold drizzle & light rain.
Drizzle & patchy light rain will actually increase today with strong east to southeast winds diminishing. With the wind diminishing his will allow areas of dense fog this afternoon that may last to early evening.
Once cold front passes & the wind pick back up again (this time from the west & northwest), the fog will be mixed out.
A few flurries/snow showers may follow tonight, but little/no accumulation is expected.
Rain & even some storms are likely late Friday night-Sunday morning.
It will be windy with a flash spring Saturday night-early Sunday with highs 57-64.
There is the risk of a couple of isolated severe storms embedded in a QLCS squall line that moves over a chunk of the area.
Risk would be a brief EF0 tornado &/or brief severe gust (+58 mph).
1-2.25" of rainfall is likely, resulting in some flash, then river flooding.
After brief sun in dry slot Sunday, it will turn cloudy & much colder midday-afternoon with a few rain/snow to snow flurries & snow showers as temperatures tank to the 30s quickly.
Wind gusts from the northwest of 35-50 mph are possible Sunday midday-afternoon.
Snow to rain to snow is possible Monday-Tuesday with temperatures rising from 30 to the 40s, then back to the 20s.
Snow, mix & rain are possible around Wednesday-Thursday of next week.
- February 20, 10 AM: Snow & Ice Update
- February 19, 12:30 PM Weather Forecast Update On Snow, Ice & Rain Ahead & Flash Spring
- February 9, 11 AM Weather Forecast Update: Snow & Ice Ahead & Powerhouse Storm Monday-Tuesday & Another Later Week
- February 12, 11:30 AM Weather Forecast Update: From Ice to Fog, Now to Rain & Wind to Snow
- February 18, 12:30 PM Weather Forecast Update: Accumulating Snow, Ice, Rain (with Flooding), Dense Fog, Flash Spring with T'Storms
- February 10, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 18, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- Ice, Ice, Baby!
- February 11, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update: Snow, High Winds = Rough Travel
- Street departments prepare for snow and ice