Widespread freezing drizzle with icy conditions is occurring in the area with a trace to 1" of snow reported. Secondary roads & parking lots are turning quite icy with ice accumulation minor on all surfaces.
Now, band of pretty heavy snow is developing from Pulaski to Benton counties with freezing rain & sleet in Warren County as mid-level dry slot exits & deeper forcing returns.
Other snow will pivot in from Iowa & northern Illinois with time this late afternoon to tonight, lasting into Monday.
Projected now to Monday 6 a.m.:
1" or less of snowfall by Monday is expected Peru to Brookston to Pence & southward with 1-3" north of that line. Isolated +3" amounts are possible in the heavier band over our far northern areas.
Again, I am leaning heavily on the model data here & it does look like those dynamics are coming to fruition, based on the latest radar trends.
- February 17, 2:30 PM Weather Update
- February 17, 6:30 PM Weather Update
- December 17, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update
- April 17, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- April 17, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- May 17, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 8, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 7, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 14, 7 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 19, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update