Temperatures have bottomed out to as low as -8 this evening, but they are now on the rise with commencement of south-southeast wind.
However, the lingering bitter cold with the breeze has brought wind chills down to as low as -15 in our southeastern areas. It is -10 at Kentland & -12 at Logansport.
Temperatures will rise to 30s tomorrow with strong south-southwest winds gusting as high as 30-40 mph for a while before decreasing mid afternoon through evening. Blowing & drifting snow will be an issue. Skies will turn cloudy.
A wave of some snow & even some sleet/freezing rain is likely in the afternoon through evening.
Local 0.5" or less brief snow accumulations (with some sleet/freezing rain) are possible.
Rain is likely Monday PM, peaking Monday evening-night, then ending as some brief snow/ice Tuesday. Any accumulation looks very local & light.
Falling temperatures will follow with strong winds gusting +30 mph.
Around 1" of rainfall is likely atop frozen ground with some snow pack. Ponding & creek rises are possible with some local minor ice jamming.
Clipper may bring period of snow showers Thursday with some very minor to minor accumulation with gusty winds.
It looks windy & warmer with rain February 23-24, followed by windy weather with rain to snow as colder air comes in around February 26.
Colder than normal weather follows overall February 27-March 6 with this trend continuing right into mid-March.
This cooler pattern is favoring more normal precipitation.
There will be opportunities for accumulating snowfalls in March.
There is a trend of nice warming with above normal temperatures dominating March 20-27.
This warmer period trends wetter than normal for our area.
- February 15, 12:30 AM Weather Forecast Update
- February 15, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 12, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 15, 11:30 AM Weather Forecast Update
- February 15, 5:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 28 12:15 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 16, 12:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 8, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 22, 11 AM Weather Forecast Update
- February 8, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update