Snow & some icy mix should overspread the entire viewing area from southwest to northeast in the 1-4 p.m. time frame tomorrow.
Snow may not completely end until Thursday night.
Wind will not be an issue initially, but it will become an issue Wednesday night & especially Thursday when gusts of 35-45 mph will be possible at times. Widespread blowing & drifting snow will occur late Thursday-Thursday night.
Cold will become an issue Thursday as temperatures fall from 28-31 in the morning to 8-12 by early evening with wind chills dropping to -11.
Lows of -12 to -2 & wind Thursday night will result in potential of wind chills of -30 to -20.
Count on rough driving conditions Wednesday late afternoon to Friday.
3-6" of snow is likely for much of the viewing area Wednesday-Thursday night.
It is still unclear as to where a 6-9" band will set up. Model below & other models have it in the heart of the area from Warren & Tippecanoe to Carroll, Cass & Miami counties.
I'd like to get more data under my belt before I decide to paint 6-9" band in the heart of the area instead of the northwest.
Actual air temperature 7 a.m. Friday:
Wind chill 7 a.m. Friday:
Wind will not be an issue, but we will absolutely tank to -20 to -7 Friday evening-early night with clear skies, snow cover & calm winds. A heavy frost will develop with some patchy freezing fog.
Temperatures will rise after 1 a.m. as light south-southeast wind commences & some clouds begin to arrive. We may be up to 5-12 by 7 a.m. Saturday.
Friday evening around sunset temperatures tank:
We will warm to 31-35 Saturday, but the winds will be very strong from the south to southwest, resulting in blowing & drifting snow.
- February 11, 12:45 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 12, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 3, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 11, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 17, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 18, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 7, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 10, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 20, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- February 12, 1:45 PM Weather Forecast Update