LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The woman arrested in Wednesday's fatal hit-and-run crash has been released from the Tippecanoe County Jail.
Jail staff confirmed Yariel Lunice Nicole Butler posted bond Thursday night. Butler posted her $5,000 surety and $500 cash bond around 9:30 p.m. The 18-year-old was arrested Thursday during a traffic stop on South 4th Street.
Police said they have reason to believe she was under the influence of marijuana at the time of the arrest. Butler is believed to be the driver in the hit and run crash on U.S. 52 that killed one man early Wednesday morning.
She is charged with failure to stop after an accident resulting in death and failure to stop after an accident resulting in serious injury. She was also charged with operating while intoxicated, based on the traffic stop from yesterday morning.
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect released from jail
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect bonds out of jail again
- Officials release names and details from fatal hit-and-run
- Suspect and vehicle involved in fatal hit-and-run found
- Suspected driver in fatal hit-and-run charged
- Suspect identified, facing charges in Jasper County fatal hit-and-run
- Name released of Rensselaer stabbing victim; suspect jailed
- Remembering victims of a fatal hit-and-run crash
- Hit-and-run suspect's charge amended after second victim dies
- Deputies take Monticello hit-and-run suspect into custody