LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A teenager accused in a fatal hit and run has bonded out of jail again. Nineteen-year-old Yariel Butler has been charged with three counts, including leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death.
One person was killed and another seriously injured in the Aug. 1 incident. It happened on U.S. 52 near State Road 28 in southern Tippecanoe County.
Butler was in court last week, hoping to get her $15,000 bond reduced. However, the judge said the necessary forms were not properly filed with the state.
She was due back in court Thursday, but according to online court records, that court appearance has been canceled.
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect bonds out of jail again
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect released from jail
- Man accused in Jasper County fatal hit-and-run surrenders, bonds out of jail
- Suspect and vehicle involved in fatal hit-and-run found
- Suspected driver in fatal hit-and-run charged
- Purdue wrestler bonds out of jail
- Suspect identified, facing charges in Jasper County fatal hit-and-run
- Officials release names and details from fatal hit-and-run
- Remembering victims of a fatal hit-and-run crash
- Hit-and-run suspect's charge amended after second victim dies