FOWLER, Ind. (WLFI) - Power has been restored in Fowler where several people were without electricity, internet and phone services Monday night.
NIPSCO said a truck hauling farming equipment was driving down 5th and Harrison Streets when the driver snagged a utility wire. It took down four utility poles all together.
NIPSCO had crews out fixing the lines and replacing the utility poles.
Jesse Gonzales lives in the area. He said the outage may be a challenge for him. "My phone may be off for a couple of days because all of the cabling. That's my job is telephones, all the cabling has been turned to the building plus what's on the pole itself."
U.S. 52 to Taylor Street was closed for most of the night as crews repaired the poles.
According to NIPSCO's online outage map, the power is back on. Monday evening, they said it could take longer for internet and phones to be restored.
- Farming equipment knocks out utility poles in Fowler
- Fowler boil order lifted
- Farm equipment causes Boone County bridge to collapse
- Fowler is under a boil order
- Fowler bar collapses amid rainy weather
- Fowler House hosts first Easter Sunday brunch
- Plan for Fowler Avenue Apartments approved
- Beloved Fowler couple's lives taken by crash
- Holloway Drive reopened after suspected drunken driver knocks down electrical pole
- WLFD debuts new equipment