LEBANON, Ind. (AP) — The family of a 12-year-old boy who alleges he was sexually abused by a central Indiana pediatrician has filed a civil lawsuit.
The Indianapolis Star reports the child's parents, identified in court records as Jane Doe and John Doe, are seeking damages from 41-year-old Dr. Jonathon Cavins of Jamestown.
Cavins' attorney in the civil case isn't commenting on the lawsuit, due to pending litigation. Cavins is awaiting trial and now faces accusations from five accusers.
Cavins is charged with child molestation involving a 12-year-old boy and sexual misconduct with a minor involving two other teenage boys. The 12-year-old came forward in February, accusing Cavins of fondling him. In April, a judge approved a motion from prosecutors to add two additional counts of child seduction.
- Family sues Indiana pediatrician accused of sexual abuse
- Accused pediatrician's medical license suspension extended
- Lebanon pediatrician facing additional charges of sexual misconduct
- Indiana district sues hundreds of families for unpaid bills
- Indiana family sues funeral home, alleging botched funeral
- Pediatricians drop age limit for rear-facing car seats
- Police: Lebanon pediatrician arrested, charged with child molesting
- Lebanon pediatrician sued by parents of boy he allegedly molested
- Indiana archdiocese preps list of priests accused of abuse
- Indiana diocese to release names of priests accused of abuse