TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- A family is without a home after a fire in Sheffield Township.
It started around 11:55 p.m. Sunday on East 500 South. The home is in the southeastern part of the county between Dayton and Mulberry.
Sheffield Fire Chief Shawn Alkire said the homeowner called in the fire after smelling smoke. He said additions to the home made the fire difficult to get into and put out.
No injuries were reported, but firefighters said there is smoke and water damage to the home.
The cause is undetermined. The Red Cross was on scene to assist the family and the firefighters.
- Family displaced in Tippecanoe County house fire
- Three families displaced in early morning fire
- Crews battling house fire in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County family recognized at state fair
- Multiple buildings lost and 2 families displaced after Frankfort fire
- Tippecanoe County looks to diversify housing
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Houses submerged along Tippecanoe River
- Tippecanoe County home destroyed in overnight fire
- Three fire crews battled a house fire in northern Tippecanoe County